Build Your own Dwelling

Building a new house on a vacant site.  It is a condition of this arrangement that the purchaser must submit drawings prepared by an architect or draughtsman for approval by the Trust Board. When choosing this option, the purchaser is responsible for all payments against the building contract


  • An initial deposit of 10% of the Site Payment (land the dwelling will sit on) is to be made on the day the Agreement for Occupation License – New Build (application form) is signed.  Full payment is to be made no later than as agreed in this document when settlement is due on issue of the Occupation Licence.


  • The Site Payment structure ranges from $70,000.00 to $100,000.00 dependent on the site chosen.


  • The plans for your proposed dwelling need to be submitted to the Trust Board for approval and/or comment.


  • To allow for line of sight and open spaces for all residents there is a Trust Board directive that regulates the siting of dwellings.  There is an inner 3m band from the boundary line of the site you have chosen that cannot be encroached upon by dwellings.


  • Concrete floor level of all dwellings must be at least 225mm above the highest ground level of the dwelling footprint. Any deviation from this must be communicated to the Trust Board upon presentation of building plans.


  • When your dwelling plan has been approved, you will be given an information pack to forward to your builder.  This pack has various papers in it to assist with the planning and processes that may arise.


  • All landscaping of the site is to be completed as stated in the Occupation License (normally six months)


  • As part of your building costs you will need to pay Waikato District Council the appropriate Building Consent fees.  You will not have to pay towards the Waikato District Council Capital Contributions.  These are the funds that go towards the various infrastructure needs of the District (reserves, roading etc.) and are paid for by the Trust Board upon receipt of the final Waikato District Council invoice to you.


  • The cost of connecting services to your dwelling is your responsibility. 


  • All areas with more than a 500mm drop need to have a barrier fence for Health & Safety.


  • The weekly fee (village outgoings) payable for the site is 50% of the current weekly fee (village outgoings) for a maximum of two years from the date the Occupation License is enacted.  If construction of a house commences before the two years, the whole current weekly fee becomes payable from the date of your builder commencing work.  The current weekly fee as of 1st October 2016 is $87.00, payable four weekly ($348.00)